Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Falling off the wagon

Recently I've been in a little bit of a zero waste slump. It's kind of ironic that this is happening in the summertime, when the farmers' markets are open and all my purchases come home in reusable bags and jars.

It's just the trips to the grocery store that are killing me. Oh, and Walmart, which I have broken up with but Eric has not.

I've been bad bad bad is what I'm saying. And the sad part is that it's all stemming from sheer laziness. The girls are home and I am wiped out--it takes a lot to deal with everyone day in and day out (Teachers: You are grossly underpaid), let alone go to work and clean the house and whatever else it is I'm supposed to be doing.

I'm still taking jars and reusable bags, but while my cart is better than it used to be, it is worse than it was.

Also: Everything goes straight to hell if I'm not the only one shopping.

Also: I can't completely get away from waste anyway.

Also: Have I mentioned lately that this depresses me?

Well, anyway, it's been a while since I wrote about my zero waste efforts and figured I may as well face up to my failures as a human being. The silver lining is that I have not fallen off the minimalism wagon (still think all that is genius) so... maybe it all balances itself out, I don't know, yeah, probably not, justification doesn't always work, never mind.

No comments: