Monday, August 1, 2011

Still waiting for awesome

Yesterday I had a bit of awesome find me, in the form of a nap on the hammock.  (My first nap all summer long.  Crazy.)  But I keep thinking that TOTAL awesome must be around the corner, so while I wait, here are some pointless lists for no one's amusement but mine.

Movies watched (actually, some of these might have been late June):
Harry Potter 7.2 (awesome, awesome, awesome)
The Social Network (wow, that Napster guy was a jerk)
The Bucket List (have I ever mentioned how much I love Morgan Freeman?)
The Hangover (baby!)
The Time Traveler's Wife (yes, I cried)
Knocked Up (better than I expected)
Mean Girls (I love anything Tina Fey touches)

Books read:
Bossypants, Tina Fey (see "Mean Girls")
Jabberwocky, Daniel Coleman (free on Kindle, and totally awesome)
Eyewall, H.W. "Buzz" Bernard (also free on Kindle, and also totally awesome)
The Spellman Files, Lisa Lutz (hilarious and fab)
The Time Traveler's Wife, Audrey Niffenegger (had to read after watching the movie; the book was better)

Books I tried to read but failed:
Her Fearful Symmetry, Audrey Niffenegger (seriously, what der hell?)

Quote of the month: 
"I told Papa I'd call him when we went to the beach, and I'm afraid he was just sitting by the phone all day in his swimsuit, waiting for me." --Johanna

No comments: