Monday, October 7, 2013

Project 333: Week 1 recap

(I don't expect I'll do recaps EVERY week, mostly because that will be really boring, but also because I imagine I'll run out of things to say about it eventually. I mean... right?)

So guess what? It's the end of week one and I've worn 31 of my 37 items. I know because I'm keeping track. Call it being anal curiosity. I never really pay much attention to what I wear, so it's kind of interesting to see what I'm actually using.

Here's what else I learned during Week 1 of a "limited" wardrobe:
  • 37 items is plenty.
  • That white tank top I added as an afterthought was my most worn item of the week--four times.
  • I decided on my denim jacket at the last minute--I also have a fitted beige jacket I love--and I'm glad that's the one I chose because it goes with everything (I probably wouldn't have worn the beige at all). I wore it twice this week.
  • I'm pretty sure I'd have forgotten about my flats if I didn't just have three pairs of shoes to choose from. 
  • I really do not like the black cardigan I inherited from Abby (online order that didn't turn out quite like she had hoped). I am itching, itching, itching to replace it, but I don't trust myself in stores just yet. My high-brow theories tend to get tossed by the wayside when I'm confronted by pretty clothes.
  • It's way easier to get dressed when you don't have so many options.
And of course no one has noticed what I'm doing. I'm pretty sure no one will ever notice even when I start majorly repeating items (that's my Ugly Shirt Theory: Everyone is so worried about their ugly shirt that they don't even notice yours). It's not about them anyway.

Oh, hey, I also don't mind wearing things a few times before washing them. Dudes, I work at a newspaper office. It's not like I'm running marathons. I'm just sitting around writing stuff.

So no regrets for jumping on the Project 333 bandwagon. Bring on Week 2!

No comments: