Wednesday, June 10, 2015

I've been spammed!

I've been probably a little too excited lately because I've actually gotten a couple comments here on the blog -- and from people who don't know me, either.

So imagine my first reaction when I saw I had a new comment Monday! Hooray!

But upon reading said comment, I could tell right away that it wasn't legit. First of all, the writer complemented me on my "excellent article" that contained "just the information" they were looking for. It was TOTALLY going to help them with the paper they were writing, and here were a couple of links I could check out because obviously this was a topic of interest.

Riiiiiiight. The article they got so much useful information from? Doughnut Lottery. So I can only assume A) they were searching for the word "lottery" and stumbled upon my "article," or 2) they were writing a paper on board games invented by 10-year-olds.

Well, it IS pretty awesome.

Also: Did they not even bother to read my tagline? (I chose "Because there's enough useful content online already" for a reason.)

Well, whatever. The moral of this story is that I removed the comment and wished I could also remove the spammer's name, which is highlighted and therefore a live link, because I don't want ANYONE to click that thing EVER.

Also: Note to spammers, maybe at least skim the post you're commenting on so you have kind of an idea of what's going on. Otherwise the tip-off is just too easy.

No comments: