Thursday, May 9, 2013

Listen...

I'm only writing this morning because I don't want that placenta article to be the first thing on the page anymore. Staying up on current events is hard.

Here's a current event that happened yesterday: I went all day with the second button on my blouse NOT buttoned. I did not notice until I went to the bathroom at 4:45 p.m., after having been at the front counter four hours with a nice trip to the bank just for kicks.

See that second button? Pretend it's not done.

Seriously, people, when you see something like this, TELL A GIRL.

Another current event is a conversation I had with a caller at work, who was convinced I could tell him the exact square footage of a roll end. I cannot do that because no two roll ends are alike--they just take them off the press whenever they feel like they've gotten close enough, I guess. I understand, dude, that you want to use newsprint in your garden for that newfangled weed control system your neighbor told you about (that's awesome, actually. Eric, we need to look into this...), and I appreciate you giving both your numbers for when I find out (after saying three times I can't get you that info), but I am not going to call because the answer is NOBODY KNOWS. If you want to stop by and pick one up and just wing it? That I can help you with.

Maybe we should all try listening to the people talking to us for once. That would make my job a lot easier.

In other news, I have to cover a story tonight for the paper, which means I'll miss my favorite farmers' market. But the good news is that there's another market on Saturday, not my favorite, but still decent, so all is not lost. Sure, covering the news is important, but so is scoring fresh lettuce for Johanna's First Communion party this Sunday.

I will not be siting around this Mother's Day, I can tell you that much.

Oh, and P.S. We've had gorgeous sun and blue skies and 80-degrees all week. Sunday forecast is 70 and rain. Excellent barbecue weather!

Hilarious.

No comments: