Friday, July 11, 2014

Delta Ponds City Park, Eugene, Oregon

Last weekend, we visited our dear friends Mara and Alex and their boys in Eugene, and I gotta say, the whole weekend was awesome. One highlight, though--aside from just hanging out in their backyard and visiting and eating A LOT and watching the kids fling themselves down the slip-and-slide--was the little walking tour they took us on around Delta Ponds.

It's a rather popular place, I gather, just based on the sheer volume of walkers, runners and bikers. And dogs. And strollers. And it has a rather interesting history, by the way, which you can read here.

I'm still trying to figure out my big girl camera (it may be that I'm too old to learn any new tricks), so I spent most of the walk playing with settings. I don't know, they all look the same to me, but anyway, here are my favorite shots of the day:

Blue heron.

Turtle.

No idea, just thought they were pretty.

Ducks are always big hits with the younger crowd.

Duck family!

Lily pads. Really loved the colors.

Two herons for the price of one! Abby thinks they're in love.

(It might just be me, but I think it's so weird that we have wild creatures just running around out there, just living their lives. And by weird, I mean awesome.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trish, these turned out AMAZING!!! You seem to have the hang of the big girl camera just fine. But I know Mom and Dad would always welcome you at camera club where you could pick people's brains and stuff! :)