Monday, September 22, 2014

My possessions are causing me suspicion

...but there's no proof. Word UP, Crowded House!

Hey, if I can start out on a tangent, Abby is going through a Crowded House phase right now and, fun fact, I did too when I was EXACTLY her age! We went to Minnesota for a three-week road trip extravaganza the summer I turned 15 and I wore my cassette tape out. So it's kind of awesome Abby found them at the same time I did. I like the cyclic nature of that. Plus Crowded house is awesome.

Now, to the point (or as close to the point as I can manage):

It's probably a good thing the fall season of Project 333 is coming up because wow, for some reason, my entire closet is rebelling against me. This is not good for my self esteem. I've somehow managed to shrink, tear, and stain all manner of thing, which, when you don't have all that many items to begin with, kind of puts a damper on the whole ordeal. Also, several are new (as in, purchased in August), and it just completely bums me out that they've already turned to crap.

Coincidence? You decide: The vast majority of the items giving me fits right now were purchased at Eddie Bauer. Not to point fingers, Eddie Bauer, but seriously, what the hell? I have never problems with their stuff before. I'm kind of feeling disillusioned. Where else am I going to find tall pants?

Anyway, all this means is that I need to go shopping, but I don't want to go shopping because it's so super boring and also depressing when you know probably whatever it is you're buying won't even last the month.

I'm not really sure what the solution is here. Buy only used? Learn to sew? Make my wardrobe even smaller?

No idea. But I'd love to hear how other people deal with their closets...

No comments: