Friday, February 24, 2012

But Friday never hesitate

FRIDAY.  Thank God.

This has been the craziest, busiest week I think I've ever had at work.  It's just been nuts.  I'm pretty sure there is something in the water, or maybe everyone has decided to take drugs.  Where's Nancy Reagan when you need her?  Just say no, people.  Or at least pretend to work with me.

And I've been trying to write about it for the past two days, but honestly, it's just coming out snarky and mean instead of whimsical and funny, and that's not how I want to remember this week.  Because I do not want to remember this week at all.

Well, not all of it has been bad, I guess.  I started the Occupy Trisha movement at work a couple of moths ago, and it's really catching on.  Lately I've been transcribing bits out of the 1912 archive for an upcoming special issue.  They were not so much into concise sentences in 1912.  Apparently they never had Mr. Dills for English.

And the girls have been most entertaining.  They've been trying to figure out what to give up for Lent.  Jo keeps changing hers.  First she was going to eat only healthy stuff for six weeks (um, Lent doesn't even last that long), and then she was going to give up technology, except not the iPad or the computer.  Which is all the technology she uses, just FYI. Now I think she's just giving up sitting down, so we're par for the course, really.  Abby is trying not to snack between meals unless it's a fruit or a veggie.  That's hard for a kid.  Oh, and no video games.  Or maybe she's limiting herself to 15 minutes a day?  I have a feeling the further we get into this ordeal, the more changes that will be made.

Did I mention I promised to take Johanna to Skate Night tonight?  Yeah, didn't think THAT one through.  Crowds of noisy children on wheels.  Good lord, HOW is that a good idea?  For anybody?

The Cure, Friday I'm in Love.  You know what I'm in love with?  Sleeping in on Saturday morning.  And Robert Smith still, a little bit.

No comments: