Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It doesn't even matter how hard you try

I am despairing and despondent, people.

Because I just finished The Hunger Games series.  And it was SO GOOD.  And I am not ready to let it go just yet.  Good lord!  What a crazy, horrible, wonderful story.  I'd like to think there's no way our world could ever come to that.  Although really, I guess it already has.

I'm totally going to read it again.  RIGHT NOW.

P.S. Abby has wanted me to read these books for ages, and then I do, and then she's mad when I go on Wikipedia to find story synopsis' (synopsi?) and even read ahead.  Why is she surprised?  She knows I'm OCD.  And I needed to make sure those kids were okay, even though I knew that couldn't really happen.

Here's something that I learned: I much prefer reading on my Kindle than a real book.  I haven't read a real book in quite a while, but Abby had them in print, so.  You might find that sad, or you might find that smacking of poser, and probably it's both.  But the thing is my Kindle is so light and I don't have to struggle to keep the pages open.  Or remember what page I'm on.  Or even find a bookmark.

Anyway, I know, whatever, what a stupid thing to be going on about, although when you think about it rationally, that IS sort of the whole point of this very pointless endeavor (the blog, in case it didn't translate).  All I'm saying is that I only have the first book on my Kindle (because we were out and about on Saturday, and I had some downtime, and no book, so I succumbed), and I am fighting the urge to download the other two, even though we all know how this is going to end, and that it's an incredible waste of willpower, really.

Oh, and also I have pleurisy.  Probably.  Eric's been fighting a cold for two weeks, and I figured that the girls and I had dodged a bullet, but yesterday Abby and I realized we're not feeling so great.  Johanna has been running around screaming, "I DON'T WANT TO BE INFECTED!"  And also claiming she has the worst case of diabetes ever, which makes me wonder what the hell they're teaching in that school of hers.  Fun fact: Eric had no idea anything called "pleurisy" even existed.  I tell you what, he's led a sheltered life.

Well anyway.  That's why I haven't written in a while.  I've been occupied elsewhere.  Reading.  The house is in complete disarray.  Not that THAT is really any different from usual, just that I had something to blame it on.  Eric is suggesting hopefully that I wait awhile before I start a new book, which I suppose is easy enough to promise because I'm just going back and rereading three old books.  Right?

P.S. again, please tell me those aren't ice pellets falling from the sky...

Linkin Park, In the End.  It just seems very Hunger Games appropriate.  This is actually the first song of theirs I ever heard.  And it is still one of my favorites, although I'm hopelessly biased where Linkin Park is concerned.  "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter."  I know, Chester.  I know.  (They look so young in this video...)

No comments: