Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February Pointless Lists

February 29!  Well, there's something you don't get to write every day.  Since I'm pretty sure Feb. 29 doesn't really exist (even though Eric says it HAS to exist or the months and their corresponding seasons would get all messed up--wow, science is boring), I was hoping that today would be a freebie of sorts, where all kinds of awesome stuff happened.  Like maybe leprechauns would bring me coffee and doughnuts.  Instead, it was the same old damn day I've been having for the past two weeks.  I think Bill Murray needs to look into doing a movie about THAT.

Great.  More snow.  Thanks, February 29!

If I had to sum up February in a word, it would be "freezing."  I can't remember the last time I was actually warm.  I'm thinking wistfully of summer and the garden I am going to have.  And the sandals I am going to wear.

All right.  Enough of that.  List time!

Books read:
My Seinfeld Year by Fred Stoller.  This is a Kindle Single, and a complete deal and a half at $1.99.  But then, I love Fred Stoller, so I cannot be trusted to be entirely unbiased.  I hope he takes these few chapters and turns them into a book--the parts about his childhood were particularly awesome.  I was a Seinfeld fan back in the day, but I didn't really care so much about that as just listening to this guy talk.  Um, you know what I mean.  He's hilarious.  Totally recommend this if you have a poser device like me.

Hunger GamesCatching Fire, and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.  I LOVE THESE BOOKS.  I started them at the beginning of the month and plowed right through them.  I was going to be good and just read Abby's copies, but I found that I needed my own ebook versions because!  I just do!  So then I spent a week or so just reading my favorite parts, and now I'm rereading the entire series again.  Five stars.  Love, love, love.  They're wonderful, and horrible, and fascinating.  My only regret is that I didn't listen to Abby and read them sooner.  P.S. Abby and I cannot wait for the movie.  Midnight showing, anyone?  P.P.S. We're also Team Peeta, just in case anyone needs to know that sort of thing.  What?  I'm pretty sure it's not wrong of me to say that even if I am 39.

Movies watched:
None are coming to mind.  Well, I take that back.  We've been watching the entire Harry Potter series on DVD lately, except I myself haven't joined in to watch them all.  Sometimes I like to just listen while I play on the computer.  I'd rather read the books, that's why.  Come on, JK!  Release the ebooks already!

Something I never thought I'd hear in the shower:
"Hey Mom, this might be a bad time to ask this, but would you open this molasses for me?" --Abby

Things we learned:
Johanna learned about Empire penguins this month.  "No, really.  We're learning about six types of penguins," she's telling me now.  "You rock, penguins!"

Abby learned that she is too busy to answer my petty questions.  Wow.  I told you 12 is fun!

Eric cannot think of one single thing he's learned this month, and is going so far to say that he hates these types of questions.  Tough crowd tonight.

I learned that I should maybe not have this list header on my Pointless Lists posts.  I also learned that just because you have one weird week, there's no guarantee that the next week is going to be normal.  If anything, it'll probably be weirder.

No comments: