Sunday, January 27, 2013

The Sort of Remodel Project, glorified

I think it's fair to say that right now, the only room in my house that doesn't stress me completely out is my bathroom. The other rooms? I just shut my eyes and pretend that all shall be well and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.*

The Sort of Remodel Project has begun in earnest, and while dealing with ripped off moldings and furniture in the hallway and tarps everywhere since basically January began was hard enough, now I've got the beginnings of ripped up carpet and doors completely off their hinges to contend with, which, I know, total First World Problems, but wow, for someone who enjoys order and routine, it's really disconcerting.

Oh, the doors are off their hinges because Eric is painting door jams and (hopefully) the doors themselves. "I meant to do this ten years ago," he said sheepishly yesterday. Well, time goes fast.

Remember my clean retreat?
Not so much anymore. This is what you call a "catch all."
Doors and moldings are boring anyway.
New color for the hallway: "Sussex Green"--really love the contrast.
Carpet is also boring. Having a bedroom door? Kind of longing for
the good ol' days. New color for the main room, too:
"Bleeker Beige." We're big fans. It looks white,
but it's a nice beige/grey neutral.
So this is all to say that the State of the Union in our household is Messed Up. But I can do two more weeks of this, right? How hard can it be?

This probably was not a good week to run out of the Head Meds and have no more refills left, now that I think about it.

P.S. My bedroom door is back on again! Apparently the door painting comes after the new floor is installed. Since I'm not the one doing it, I suppose that's just fine.

*Blessed Julian of Norwich. I find the sentiment rather touching.

No comments: