Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Packing lightly

Devils Lake, Lincoln City, Oregon

This weekend, the Walker 25 went to the coast for our annual Christmas House weekend. Except actually we were the Walker 23 because Weston and Cody couldn't come. Well, college, you know. It was a lot like all our other Christmas House weekends (you can read about last year's extravaganza here if you want), but with more babies and a football game (the Seahawks vs. 49ers). P.S. I really didn't watch. I just looked at pretty pictures on Pinterest. I have no regrets.

So anyway, I packed lightly for the occasion just to see if I could: Six items in my bag, five on my body. Oh, and undies and PJs and my swimsuit, only I never did make it into the hot tub because fun fact, I love hot water but I do not like being wet.

And then! The day after arriving, I saw this mini-mission from Project 333's Courtney Carver challenging us to wear the same items around the same people for 2-5 days just to see if anyone notices. Her theory: No one will notice because they're too busy paying attention to themselves. This sounds a lot like my Ugly Shirt Theory (everyone is so worried about their ugly shirt that they don't notice yours), so I was in. Actually, I was in anyway. 

And no. No one noticed. Or maybe were too polite to say anything. Or too busy having fun to care. I don't know, here's how it all played out:

What I wore there:
Black long-sleeve t-shirt
Black cardigan
Red infinity scarf
Jeans
Ankle boots

What I wore while there:
Day 1:
Black long-sleeve t-shirt
Black turtleneck sweater
Jeans
Ankle boots

...And then to Mass:
Black long-sleeve t-shirt
Black/white polka dot blouse
Black cardigan
Jeans
Ankle boots
Black coat

Day 2:
Black t-shirt
Black/white polka dot blouse
Black cardigan
Dress denim
Ankle boots

What I wore home:
Black long-sleeve t-shirt
Black cardigan
Orange-print scarf
Jeans
Ankle boots

So that was fun. The good news is that since I had practically nothing in my bag, I had room for all our electronics cords, which are far from minimal. The other good news is that we were in the 60s during the day (60s! At the coast! In January!), the Walkers are awesome, I'm clearly the babies' favorite auntie, and that vanilla latte I had at the outlet mall rocked.

Not too shabby, all things considered. The end, I guess.

No comments: