Friday, August 15, 2014

The Care Package Project: August

If I learned anything on the CPP front last month, it is that time is of the essence. To redeem myself a bit, even though it's too late, I made it a point to get our August package ready and O.U.T.

Things have been iffy on the health front of various extended family members lately, and that's exhausting. I just wanted to do something fun this month for no reason whatsoever but because. And you know what's fun? Writing. Do you know what's super fun? Writing with cute stationary. And you know who really likes cute stationary? My college friend Nicole.

Nicole and I were next-door neighbors our junior year of college at good ol' Western Oregon, and, as luck would have it, we even had a few English classes together.

("Comedy" with ol' whats-his-name, THAT was interesting. The guy was in love with himself, so basically you just had to regurgitate whatever he told you in your essays and presto! Easy "A." That's what we did, and that's what we got, and it was a stupid class anyway so I don't feel bad about that at all.)

I kind of forgot where I was going with this... Stationary, I think?

Check out this notebook:

Copyright 1962. I like the cow in the lower right corner...

It's one of those recycled ordeals, where they take an old book and rip the binding off, add a few blank pages, and pop the thing back together. I've seen them with just blank pages, but I liked this one because the guy kept the originals in tact, too:

I LOVE the illustrations...

Too much cuteness.

How stinking awesome is this thing? I would keep it for myself, except every time I hold it, it tells me that it's really for Nicole.

Of course, we had to add a package of Johanna's notecards into the mix, and a bar of chocolate because hello, I'm pretty sure I don't have to explain that one:

Frogs everywhere approve of this chocolate.

When I went to our local stationary store to get a Uni-ball pen (because I am a big fan), I found this correction tape and COME ON. SO CUTE:

I might be a minimalist, but I am not immune to cuteness.

Last but not least is this Curly Girl card. I love the designs from this company, and if they want to send me a random box of samples for this endorsement, I'd be okay with that:

"Have only one rule: Be your wild, courageous, brilliant
self every single day. No matter what. (May you never fail
to express all of the wild and wondrous things you are.)"

May I present our August Care Package in its entirety?

I probably should have taken pictures with  my big girl camera instead
of my iPod, but laziness got in the way.

I'm quite pleased with this one. This might be my favorite CPP yet. Writing packages for everybody all the time!

So that's August. It's nice to have a success after last month's complete failure.

P.S. Nicole and I have managed to keep in touch for the past 20 years with varying degrees of success, although things got way easier when Facebook came around. :)

No comments: