Monday, May 4, 2015

Project 333: Spring update

My favorites!

I didn't think I'd have much to update so soon, but then Abby stole my new black t-shirt (well, it is pretty awesome) and I decided that my grey pants need to go away.

So I'm down two items is what I'm saying.

Somehow Abby lost my denim jacket in her bedroom -- or maybe I lost it in my bedroom -- so if we ever find that thing, I'll have room for it now. ;)

Here's my updated list, in case anyone cares:

Grey: Cardigan, striped pullover sweater (2)
Black: Dress, pants, capris, long sleeve tee, turtleneck sweater, cardigan, floral scarf and four pairs of shoes/boots (11)
Black/white: Top, tank (2)
Beige: Jacket, skirt, long sleeve tee, capris (4)
Beige/orange: Top, tank, scarf (3)
Maroon: Pullover sweater (1)
Purple: Skirt (1)
Navy: Cardigan, long sleeve tee, tank, striped scarf, patterned tank (5)
Navy/beige or orange: Top, gauzy top (2)
Blue/other: Recycled t-shirt skirt (1)
Denim: Skirt, jeans (2)


This is probably the best wardrobe I've ever managed to create, and I'm so excited that, after six tries, I've finally learned enough to make this happen.

You guys, P333 is my favorite subject, so indulge me here because I rarely get to talk about it in real life and I feel a list coming on:

What I've learned with P333:
  1. finally figured out that my 33 (um, or 34) isn't a place for clothes I'm on the fence about. This time, if I had any hesitation at all, that item didn't make it in. And as we've already established, my closet is now the best it's ever been. I don't think this is a coincidence.
  2. Once upon a time, I thought I really liked dress shirts. Turns out, I don't. P333 has helped me hone in on the items that I actually wear as opposed to what I think I wear. And knowledge is power: My last shopping trip was fantastic because I could just make a beeline for the items I knew I'd wear (like pretty t-shirts!).
  3. Which reminds me: I know what my personal style is now! Such a little thing, yet so huge.
  4. Pick a core color. (Mine is black.) Makes it much easier to coordinate.
  5. It seems counterintuitive that less would equal more, but it's a strange world, my friends, and that is exactly what I'm telling you. When you have 34 items (3 of which are scarves and 4 of which are shoes), you can really see your options. I used to have an overwhelming number of items, but nothing to wear. (Probably because it was all stuff I thought I liked but didn't. See #1.) I don't have that problem now. 
  6. Knowing that my closet is awesome and that whatever I pull out of it is going to make me feel like a rock star means I have one less thing to worry about each morning; it simply depends on the weather and what's clean. 
  7. Those lists of "50 Wardrobe Essentials Every Woman Needs"? Yeah, ignore 'em.
  8. That one magic item that will make your entire wardrobe "click" doesn't actually exist.
  9. P333 isn't about the number 33. It's about figuring out your individual "right" number. Mine seems to fluctuate between 28 and 37, depending on the season. I don't really worry about it.
  10. Never underestimate the power of a really great fitted jacket. :)
Anyone else out there do P333? I'd love to hear about other people's experiences...

No comments: