Friday, July 31, 2015

July Pointless Lists

Source.
SQUEEEEEEEE.

I think I'd be remiss if I didn't start this off by wishing Harry Potter a very happy birthday. That's just good manners.

Books read
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. You guys, I love this book. I love that I know it so well I can scream things like, TAKE OFF THE LOCKET FIRST, HARRY!, and I also love that Abby knows it so well that she immediately knows which part I'm at.

Those books are just a gift to the world.

Anyway, I've decided I need more books and less Hay Day, so I've been trying to figure out how to use our library's "library to go" app. Let's just say that was an hour of my life screaming at the monitor only to learn my library card has expired.

No one said literacy was ever easy.

Project 333 update
I've already put the beige skirt I picked up at the church rummage sale for $1 back into the rummage sale pile. It doesn't work for me for a variety of reasons, none of which matter because, bottom line, I'm not going to wear it.

But since I added that Santa Clara University t-shirt, we're quits.

Johanna update
I asked Jo just now how July was, and she said, "Good."

You're completely up-to-date with that kid now.

Abby update
Abby is working at the neighboring lavender farm this summer, and I think she's a bit done with the tourists. She had a lady say, "I know that's Mt. Hood, and that's Mt. Richard, right?" as she pointed to Mt. Adams. Spoiler alert: There's no such thing as Mt. Richard. Anyway, Abby said was like, yes. Yes, it is.

So that was awkward when she came home with that story, because on one hand, I'm a parent and I'm supposed to be teaching her, you know, how to be a decent human, but on the other hand: Funny.

(Maybe I'm over the tourists too, just a bit -- I work downtown where they tend to congregate. Driving anywhere is impossible.)

That's Mt. Richard in the background.
Always overshadowed by that dang
Mt. Adams...

Stuff I canned / etc.
7 half-pints cherry jam
8 quarts plus 2 pints sweet cherries
7 pints plus 1 half-pint raspberry jam
12 quarts plus 2 pints dill pickles
3 quarts plus 4 pints tomatoes (plus three quart-bags for the freezer)
6 half-pints blueberry syrup
...And a lot of frozen blueberries

Supernatural update
I actually have no idea what's going on or where we're at because Abby keeps watching without me. As far as I know, Sam got his soul back, Dean was death for a day, and I don't like their grandpa one bit. Castiel is hilarious. I have a crush on him. Abby says her crush is bigger and she calls it.

Cas is always confused because
he's an angel and he doesn't
understand our crazy human ways.

No comments: