Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy birthday to me

I've been threatening to start a blog for a while now, mostly due to vanity, probably, and the fact that words amuse me to no end.  And what better time to start than my... 39th birthday.

Thirty-nine!  Bloody hell.

(People keep asking if I'm "thirty-nine and holding."  Um, no.  I'm too OCD for that sort of thing.  I'm a stickler for proper acknowledgment.)

Well, whatevs.  I was thinking that this might be a nice way to keep track of all the (probably) awesome things that are going to happen this year, before I'm old and decrepit and 40.  I used to keep journals, and maybe I'd go that route again if only writing by hand didn't give me cramps.  (Keyboarding!  That's where it's at.)

So anyway.  This is all just to say hello, here I am, and wow, there's an echo in here.  Ah, well.

P.S. This post brought to you by Jack's Mannequin, "Spinning."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQMszGXkeKU

No comments: