Saturday, September 10, 2011

When I write, you're the perfect verse

PEOPLE.  I have a new love, and I'm not afraid to shout it from the rooftops, or, at the very least, quietly sit down at the good ol' keyboard and write about it so the two people who read my blog (hi Eric and Mom!) will know about it.

Behold:


(My new baby.  Backwards, because that's how iPhoto rolls.)

I've named it Trisha's iPad of Awesomeness, but that's just temporary until I think of something better.  My iPod is Jane Austen and my Kindle is Charlotte Bronte.  So clearly, I need a name that reflects my poser English major roots.  But I can't decide if I want to go English Lit again, or mix it up with American Lit (Flannery O'Connor?) or go a completely different direction (Kurt Cobain?).

Anyway.

I'd like to quickly mention that I still love my Kindle.  Charlotte Bronte may not be in color or have a touch screen, but she is light, and her e-ink is easy on my eyes, and she is compact and lovely.

However, I find that I am wasting an extraordinary amount of time on TiPoA.  There are some wicked cool apps, and it's become sort of an obsession of mine (or perhaps a compulsion--take your pick, it's all the same disorder) to see what else I can find.  I've got 32 gigs and I'm not afraid to use them.

Well, you gotta put in your time somehow, right?

(Why is Eric shaking his head?)

Hmm.  After some thought (because this is serious), I've decided that our song will be Aqualung, "Magnetic North."  You can't really tell how awesome this song is in this clip, so you'll have to trust me on that, or go listen to a sample on iTunes or something.  (Would I steer you wrong?)

No comments: