Oh, and I got glasses. Today. I guess that will make it easy to remember.
Abby also got glasses today:
The not awesome: It's been sort of a long, weird month. Things keep happening that are just odd. Like... I'm not even sure. That guy who came into work totally stoned and/or with brain damage from too many drugs (not hilarious, as it turns out). The dead mice I kept finding and nearly stepping on (thanks, Skilly). Being cold a lot. Walking around for two hours with my sweater buttoned wrong.
Johanna can't wait for September to be over because she got stung by a bee on her foot (for the third time this season) and that totally pushed her over the edge. She says September SUCKS.
Well, she sort of has a point.
And now! For the part everyone's been waiting for!
- Zero. That's what Netflix Streaming has done for us. (The girls have watched all manner of Disney TV show, however. I don't that counts.)
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (Fab.)
- Allison Wonderland by Helen Smith (A Kindle Daily Deal for 99-cents. Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay more than that. It was a good book... just... not.)
Books I tried to read but failed:
- Food, Inc. (Which I actually will finish eventually... but I'm finding it's not a book you can just sit down and read straight through. Depressing. And I'm the choir.)
- Birdwing by Rafe Martin (Got it at a school book fair for like $2.50. B.O.R.I.N.G. I may try to pick it up again later. Or just donate it to the church rummage sale next summer.)
Stuff I canned:
- Blueberry jam
- Peach butter
Stuff I froze:
- More tomato sauce / roasted tomatoes
Quote of the month:
"Your hair smells great. No wonder Daddy is in love with you." --Johanna
Picture of the month:
(Dora. By Johanna. Not too shabby.)