Friday, September 30, 2011

September pointless lists

Wow.  The last day of September.  The awesome: Celebrating our 16th anniversary and the girls going back to school.  And my grandparents' 69th anniversary.  And did I mention the girls going back to school?

Oh, and I got glasses.  Today.  I guess that will make it easy to remember.

(Mine eyes.)

Abby also got glasses today:

(Cute!)

The not awesome: It's been sort of a long, weird month.  Things keep happening that are just odd.  Like... I'm not even sure.  That guy who came into work totally stoned and/or with brain damage from too many drugs (not hilarious, as it turns out).  The dead mice I kept finding and nearly stepping on (thanks, Skilly).  Being cold a lot.  Walking around for two hours with my sweater buttoned wrong.

Johanna can't wait for September to be over because she got stung by a bee on her foot (for the third time this season) and that totally pushed her over the edge.  She says September SUCKS.

Well, she sort of has a point.

And now!  For the part everyone's been waiting for!

Movies watched:

  • Zero.  That's what Netflix Streaming has done for us.  (The girls have watched all manner of Disney TV show, however.  I don't that counts.)

Books read:

  • Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (Fab.)
  • Allison Wonderland by Helen Smith (A Kindle Daily Deal for 99-cents.  Let's just say I'm glad I didn't pay more than that.  It was a good book... just... not.)

Books I tried to read but failed:

  • Food, Inc. (Which I actually will finish eventually... but I'm finding it's not a book you can just sit down and read straight through.  Depressing.  And I'm the choir.)
  • Birdwing by Rafe Martin (Got it at a school book fair for like $2.50.  B.O.R.I.N.G.  I may try to pick it up again later.  Or just donate it to the church rummage sale next summer.)

Stuff I canned:

  • Blueberry jam
  • Peach butter

Stuff I froze:

  • Blueberries
  • More tomato sauce / roasted tomatoes

Quote of the month:
"Your hair smells great. No wonder Daddy is in love with you." --Johanna

Picture of the month:


(Dora. By Johanna.  Not too shabby.)

No comments: