Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm still here...

It's hard to type with cherry jam dripping off your fingers, but we endure because we must.  I'm trying to remind myself that even though I am hotter than heck because it's 9 p.m. and still 80-degrees outside,  plus the stove isn't exactly temperate, jam in August means no malls in December.  Eric has no idea what that means.  I'm going to just let him think about it for awhile.

Incidentally, I was going to do a quadruple batch, but ended up just doing a triple because apparently you need to plan ahead on your pectin purchases.  I'd already had to venture forth into the wild for sugar, and I was so pissed about my lack of planning that I bought the 25-pounder and then about got a hernia trying to pack it to the car.  THAT would have been the time to grab a couple of extra pectin boxes, but whatevs.  Ten pint jars is FINE.  Who needs 16?

Every time a lid pops, we all shout "Thank you!" because we are ever so polite.  Plus the jam appreciates the acknowledgment.

Proof that I am not just making all this up.

Also today: I got shat on by a bird.  Johanna and I were walking back to our car, and all of a sudden I was thinking, is it raining? but no, it was just poop on my foot.  On the upside, I've been able to say the word "shat" all day, which is really quite enjoyable.

P.S. Grandma keeps calling us and leaving messages, wondering how we're doing and why she never hears from us.  This is probably because she is not our Grandma.  She has the wrong number, and I feel sort of terrible that we don't have Caller ID so I can't tell her we're not her pathetic grandchildren, although I'm wondering if maybe it'd be worth the investment just to help this woman out.  But it is nice to keep hearing that she loves us so much even though we suck at returning her calls.

Go call your Grandma, all of you, right now.  I mean it.

Off to go clean my kitchen.  Eric is pitting cherries for the freezer, and he's being so diligent about it even though it's boring that I almost cannot stand the cuteness...

No comments: