Saturday, August 18, 2012

Just checking in

Wow, I've sucked at blogging this month.  The problem is the weather finally got awesome and I've been choosing to spend my time out on the deck reading rather than being inside... doing anything, really.  You should see my laundry pile.  Not pretty.

So here's what's been going on:

Eric is in full swing, painting the house.  You'd think I'd be out there with him, except.  Well, he hasn't asked, plus I think he sort of just likes having a project and being by himself and just working.  So I'm not helping for him, obviously.  He's chosen some very pretty colors (I have no vision, so the house decisions fall to Eric) and I will post pictures as soon as there's something worthwhile to post.

The girls just got back from a mini-vacation with my parents.  Swimming pools, Wildlife Safari, and Crater Lake National Park, all in 48 hours.  Not too shabby.  Everyone is thrashed, but they should be, right?  Johanna is thrilled because she got to see a cheetah.  Abby actually brought home gifts--a necklace for me and a pint glass for Eric.  My girl is a sweetie!

I've been working more hours, since it's summer and everyone is going on vacation.  I don't mind.  I rather like being at the office anyway, so going in an hour or two early isn't a big deal.  P.S. That story that I just wrote and knew I'd get in trouble for turning it in late?  The editor barely responded.  So that was educational.

It's going to be another beautiful day--it's already hot--and I have stuff and things I need to get done, so this will have to do.  Sort of boring, I know, and I'm sorry about that.  I don't call this Pointless Ramble for nothing.

No comments: