Monday, June 23, 2014

Changes

So I have some news to share that I'm kind of excited about, and also kind of scared, which I think is probably smart because the minute I start getting cocky is the minute I get banged on my head. Figuratively, of course, but still, ouch.

I got a bit of a promotion at work, in that I'm going from 20 hours a week to 30, with half that time in editorial. My new schedule starts today, and... I'm so happy. I'll be writing more, which I find generally appealing, but I'm still going to have to deal with the public up front, which is fine, but I've kind of gone off the public recently if you want to know the truth. 

In a lot of ways, things are staying the same. I'll still be doing my usual front desk routine, i.e. writing stories while also taking classified ads, dealing with the disgruntled, and answering questions of great importance, like where the public restrooms are. It's just now I get to spend my mornings in the back, hanging with the big boys and hoping no one stops to ask how the hell I managed to worm my way into editorial with a (rather useless) English major. I'm kind of having a hard time wrapping my brain around what it will be like, getting to write uninterrupted in my own little cubical in the back.

I imagine it will be quite pleasant.

Um, that's all. Wish me luck.

P.S. Happy birthday, Mara!

No comments: