Monday, August 10, 2015

Light 2015: Digital clutter

Hi, Mt. Hood!

It's been a couple of months since I dared tackle a Light project, and honestly, I'm still really not feeling it, but I'm trying to distract myself from my funk.

Funk might be too strong a word. I'm just kind of ... tired and busy and still sad about my grandpa, and sad about the recent news my uncle received (esophagus cancer), and continuously sad about the state of the world in general. Can't we all just get along?

Whatever. Life goes on.

Anyway, I'm smack in the middle of attempting to clean up photo clutter on the good ol' computer, and I find this an extremely frustrating project. My perfectionism kicks in and I want to make photo books, THEN transfer my pics to a USB. You know how well that's been working for me?

Not so great.

Again, whatever. I've decided to forget the photo books and just get things transferred over. I can make a photo book later (maybe September's theme? Probably September, October, November and December. Ha) off a USB just as easily as I can from a CPU. And in the meantime, our computer should run faster. Logically. I guess.

Side note: I am attempting to make our California Adventure scrapbook on Snapfish, and I'm frustrated as heck with that. It's a new program, and I don't like it ... it's not as fast as the old one, and it pisses me off when I'm trying to make a page and it has to stop and think for a full minute before I can go on (whether that's loading a photo or journaling). The other day I was screaming I'M SO FRUSTRATED and Johanna was like, Mom, you should just walk away for a while. And I was like, it's pretty sad when your 10-year-old (sorry, 10 and a half) is more mature than her mother.

Or maybe it just explains why Johanna is a relatively calm kid.

Side note PS: I tried to break up with Snapfish with Shutterfly, but that program made me even more frustrated, with the added bonus of a finished book costing about about $250. Now compare that to less than $50 on Snapfish. I need program recommendations, you guys! Help me out!

So that's what I'm up to -- this morning, in fact. I'm up early for some reason (probably because I could technically sleep in), so a little blogging, a little photo transferring, and a lot of coffee.

Cross your fingers for me, guys. We'll be lighter, all right, but it's going to take some dark to get there. ;)

No comments: