Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Every day I'm shuffling

I got an email from my public this morning (hi Mom!), bemoaning my blogging absence:
You haven't had a ramble since Friday.....really???????????????????????????????? Come on girl, there's news OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Mom P.S. I need Harry's 4th book.
There's a lot of punctuation going on, so clearly she means business.  She'll probably kill me for quoting her email, but whatever, this is my blog and I can do whatever I want.  I mean, if I'm going to crank this sucker out, the least you can do is let me quote an email, right?

(Mom?... Mom?)

Um, so!  News!  Here's a list:
  1. My cousin Clara is pregnant!
  2. With TWINS.
  3. Probably my Aunt Jan is going to have to move in permanently.
  4. That's just a projection on my part.
  5. P.S. Twins run in the family, except no one has had any in two generations, so we were all sort of wondering what the heck was up with that.  Clara wins!
  6. It's snowing outside.
  7. The news says this is THE WORST STORM OF THE SEASON.
  8. They always say that, though, so I'm really not impressed at all.
  9. Because honestly, it's the ONLY storm we've had this season.
  10. Abby had an orthodontist appointment this morning.
  11. School was 2 hours late, so her appointment started before school did.
  12. Thus, Johanna came along for the ride.
  13. The office played some sort of pop station, so Johanna felt compelled to dance.
  14. A lot.
  15. She pulled out her best Just Dance 3 moves.
  16. She entertained the receptionists quite a bit.
  17. Oh, and Abby is on her final wires.
  18. That makes her very happy.
  19. My father-in-law came over for dinner tonight.
  20. We had pork chops.
  21. Skilly WOULD NOT leave him alone.
  22. It was sort of embarrassing that Skilly kept sniffing his pants leg as he tried to eat.
  23. Skilly was unrepentant.
  24. Mom's email reminds me that I really want to reread the Harry Potter series myself.
  25. Except I was hoping Pottermore would be live by now and I could get ebooks.
  26. Because I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that ebooks were part of the Pottermore experience.
  27. I could have just made that up, though.
  28. I promised Johanna after I finished this post, we could do some Just Dance 3.
  29. Her favorite song is Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO.
  30. It's NOT my favorite song just to be clear, and I don't even own it (and I never will because my iPod has standards), but anyway, that's why it's our song of the day.
The end.

P.S. I will write an actual post full of not-list ramble here shortly.  I just need a bit more time than what I have tonight.

P.P.S. Love you, Mom.

LMFAO, Party Rock Anthem.  (Johanna calls it "Party Rockers."  Close enough.)  Well, even though this song is stupid and not really even a song so much as a beat, I have to admit it's entertaining as heck watching Johanna dance to this thing.  Except wow, the lyrics are disconcerting AND giving me a headache.  Good lord, people.  This is why God gave us Alternative Music--so we can avoid this EXACT THING.

No comments: