Saturday, March 17, 2012

Your head is there to move you around

Hello, Internet.  How are you this fine St. Patrick's Day?  Glad to hear you're doing well.  Oh, I'm good too, thanks.  Especially since I got to sleep in this morning.  It was touch and go there around 6 a.m., what with the cat meowing and the husband getting up to cut wood (it's Saturday!  COME ON!), but thanks to Jane Austen (my iPod), and a rather well organized Bedtime Playlist, I was able to pull it off after all.  I might have even slept past 8:53 had not Johanna come in complaining of hunger.

I suppose that's what I get for putting the cereal on the top shelf.

P.S. I am not wearing green, and you can't make me, either.  I'm actually wearing gray, although now that I think I about it, I might go pull on an orange jacket a la Liz Lemon.  Take that, The Man!  Except instead of yelling "Megan!" out the window, I'm attempting my semi-annual ritual of cleaning everyone's bedding from top to bottom.  Boring.

P.P.S. When Johanna came in, she announced that she'd set a Leprechaun trap last night but didn't catch ANYTHING.  Um, oops.  I guess that would have been good to know ahead of time.  Although it IS sort of fun inadvertently crushing dreams.

Well, anyway.  

Hey, I have a new All Purpose Cleaner * recipe to share:
3 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 teaspoon washing soda
1/2 teaspoon castile soap
2 cups hot water

Mix in a spray bottle.  Give it a good shake before using.

I added 10 drops of tea tree oil just because it's sort of grown on me.  Plus added antibacterial agents in the kitchen is appealing to my OCD brain.  Anyway, this is simple and works great.  My "old" recipe is sudsier, but I'm not so sure it worked any better than this one does.  Cleaning up bubbles all the time is highly overrated.  

*There are a few recipes on that site I'd like to try.  That's just a good resource right there.  AND they gave me my beloved sink cleaner.

...And a room freshener of unknown origin because I don't always pay attention:
2 cups hot water
2 tablespoons baking soda
10-12 drops essential oil (which for me means tea tree)

Combine water and baking soda and stir until dissolved. Add oil.  Place in a re-purposed spray bottle and use liberally.

It's not overly strong, which for me is a plus.  You could also use lavender or peppermint oil, I suppose. Bonus: The girls are fighting over who gets to spray it.  Can we get too fresh?  Probably not, right? Anyway, success!  With a word of warning:

Baking soda and water on windows.
Enough said.

Someday I'll try a homemade window cleaner, and then that will be THAT.

R.E.M., Stand.  Because it's from their Green album, get it?  (Wow, tough crowd...)  P.S. Stand with Lego figures!  You're welcome, Internet!  Hey, by the way, Eric was asking the other day where I come with with my blog titles.  I thought it was obvious--it's just a line from whatever song I've picked that day--but I guess not.

No comments: