Friday, May 11, 2012

They say you're getting better, but you don't feel any better

Yesterday morning Eric actually slept in until 6:45 a.m., what with having gotten home from a meeting at 11:45 p.m. the previous evening.  He's usually at work by 7:15, so the mere fact he was still home around 8 a.m. is something of a miracle.

Yes, you need to know this, or the following story will make no sense.

He was just asking me what I had planned for the morning when the phone rang.  It was the secretary from his office--the phone must have been cranked because I could clearly hear what she was saying.  She asked for me.  Eric was like, sure, she's here.  And then she starts laughing.  Hysterically.  And then she tentatively asks if she's speaking to Eric.

Wait, let's screenwrite this thing:

Secretary: Is this Eric?
Eric: Hi, Cecelia.
Secretary: Oh my God.  I thought you were back in your office.  Are you taking the day off?
Eric: No, just haven't made it in yet.
Secretary: I thought... I was thinking, "Trisha has another man in the house!"
Me: Tell her there's no way.  I'd wait until at least 8:30.
Eric: Um...
Secretary: Well, anyway, we can't do the radon inspection until next week.
Eric: That will be just fine.

...And then some boring chit chat goodbye stuff.

Oh, and they're just inspecting the radon work, not redoing our radon test, just so we're all on the same page.

The end.

Except.  The meeting?  Was about a proposed park in the farm zone.  It ended up being approved 4-3.  No one cares, I know, except Eric was interviewed for the radio news program when he got in that morning, and he gave a good sound bite.  It played all day yesterday, apparently, but I heard it for the first time this morning.  He sounded good.  Not that I'm biased.

Thom Yorke, Hearing Damage.  I'm sort of surprised I haven't used this one yet.  It's my favorite.  I could seriously quote this whole song.  Wait.  Press this link and there you go!

No comments: