Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Trying to find air to breathe again

Let's see here.  I can't claim to have a coherent thought this morning that might translate into something worth reading on the blog, but you could successfully argue that THAT is the whole point of this endeavor without really even trying very hard.

Oh, hey though, here's something I want to mention: One of my Facebook friends was going off yesterday on all the newly minted geeks and nerds who only heard of The Avengers like last week.  And I was all, what about the dorks?  Where do we fit in?  Because honestly, what the hell is The Avengers?

I was told dorks don't fit in and are therefore not even part of the equation.  At least the guy is honest.  If you think that hurt my feelings, you'd be wrong.  Dorks are tough.  Well, we have to be, what with everything that gets thrown at us.  Like insults.  And rocks.

Yesterday's coach pitch highlight: When the first baseman realized that he wasn't going to be able to run to the base in time to tag the runner out so he just chucked the ball in the direction of the bag.  Well, at least no one got hurt.

And when the coach on the other team told a kid to go cover home, so she put the ball down and just stood on the bag.  The lack of ball did not stop our players from sliding.  And some even touched the base.

Johanna, by the way, is quite the hitter.  First pitch or two, and bam, that ball is gone.  It's fun to watch.  And yes, I am biased, but dude!  I think I'm supposed to be.

Work highlight: Forgetting to attach the sheriff's log to an email and even having whole conversations about it and not realizing my mistake for like a half hour.  Ah, Monday!  Thou art hilarious.

Yay UPS: My replacement Kindle came yesterday and it's so new and pretty that I'm sort of afraid to touch it.  The screen is scratch free, there's no cracks (as in three) in the casing, and you can actually see what's printed on the keys!  It's totally crazy.  Of course it came a half-hour before I had to go to work so I didn't have much time to set it up and/or play.

Game: Which is the new Kindle?

But once I did, I learned that while Amazon saved all my page placements, everything on my calendar and notepad apps are gone.  Don't put all your eggs in one basket, I guess.  If you're reading this and there's some event that I'm supposed to already know about, you need to tell me again. (For instance: When is Gram and Gramps' 70th anniversary party?)  I'm trying not to think about the notes that Abby and Johanna wrote on various road trips.  That's just too much to deal with.

And with that, I take my leave.  You're welcome, Internet.

Flyleaf, Again.  This was part of my last iTunes extravaganza.  I just like it.  P.S. Apparently they're an Emo Christian band.  That is sort of awesome.

No comments: