Thursday, February 21, 2013

A day at the office

**Update**

So the other day Rosie from the Press comes into the front office and just completely loses her shit. Well, she was frustrated, but the good news is we were free of customers because otherwise, wow, awkward. Anyway, Cranky Steve was at my desk telling me about something or other (pick a theme: People Lack Responsibility, Today's Children Are Spoiled Brats, or Why He Hates Our Town. It was probably one of those), and as soon as Rosie started in, he stood there with his mouth open and then rolled his eyes at me as if to say, some people!

And I was all, are you kidding me? That's you in like ten minutes, tops. He didn't take offense, though, probably because I had the sense to keep it to myself.

Other news: I am now a character on Rosie's PlayStation game! Apparently I have a sword. I'm not sure about that part, but I'm wearing navy blue, so, you know, win.

**Update**
Not 24-hours after writing this, Cranky Steve was dealt a serious blow: A substitute paper carrier somehow managed to NOT deliver more papers than he delivered, thus resulting in a never ending flow of phone calls from confused and often angry customers. He spent three days trying to get everything sorted, and confided that he was thinking maybe of taking a stocking job at a grocery chain because customer service is overrated.

Poor Steve. He's cranky even under the best of circumstances, but this was beyond anything I've seen to date. It was mildly impressive, actually.

P.S. I know I need to write another post, but I just don't have one in me. Maybe later tonight (2/25).

No comments: