Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Pointless Lists


February is weird with its 28 non-Leap Year days. Since there are plenty of months out there with 31, why didn't we take a couple off the end somewhere and give February a full 30? My theory is the world's collective sigh when February is over because it means spring is THIS CLOSE, even if March is like the worst month ever with its rain and chill. Or here in the Pacific Northwest, anyway. I can't speak for Australia.

Who cares, I guess. Certainly not Skilly, who is trying to eat my foot. Dude, you're never going to get through that shoe, but I admire your optimism.

So February was The Month of Travels--Longview to visit my grandparents, Bend for our great-nephew's baptism, Lincoln City for the Christmas House. It was also the month of Sort of Remodeling, what with our new awesome floor and freshly painted doors. And it was kind of quiet on the blog front because I did a lot of writing at work and felt kind of over it by the time I got home.

P.S. I just went through and hid or deleted a handful of my Facebook friends. I feel kind of guilty about that, but there are certain people I'm not close to anyway (why did I accept those requests again?) who post things I find I am no longer able to mentally accommodate. Seriously, people, filters. Just because you think it doesn't mean you have to post it.

P.P.S. Johanna woke up with pink eye. Hilarious, especially since Deb in the Front Office (not to be confused with Deb in Sales) was telling me about having to take her daughter to the doctor for pink eye yesterday morning and I was all nonchalant because Abby used to get it EVERY SINGLE TIME she had a cold (well, that or an ear infection. I'm rather glad she's over that particular phase). I think my exact words were, oh, well, it's no big deal, really. I take it back, Deb! I'm sorry!

Pointless list time!

Movies watched:
I don't know if they're technically movies, but anyway, we've been watching the Catholicism series for Lent with the girls. (Huh, the price went up. We did NOT pay that.) I'm not sure how much Johanna is getting out of it, but Abby seems to be learning a lot, and it's a good refresher for me and Eric. So that's a win.

Then, again for Lent, Eric watched For Greater Glory, which is the true story of how the Mexican president in the 1920s outlawed Catholicism. Uh, did not know that even happened. Anyway, it was supposed to be all inspirational, I'm sure, but good Lord! I wasn't really watching--I was reading, obviously--but it was horrible what these people went through. And not to give you any spoilers, but here's a spoiler: When they killed that kid, I threw a fit. DISLIKE. Humans suck.

Books read:
Well, I finally finished the Outlander series--what's seven thousand pages when you're having fun?--so Eric's jacked, but then I started rereading, so maybe he's less jacked now. I'm not ready to let Jamie and Claire go quite yet, plus I was pounding them down to find out what happens, so I can take my time now. Hear that, Eric? And I'm NOT sorry!

Most read post:
Morning view. Um, my most read post was one that contained no words except for the title. This does not do a lot for my self esteem, people.

Things I've learned:
I'm tired of being cold. Wood floors are the best. Skilly is probably drunk because he's gone from trying to eat my shoe to trying to eat my keyboard. Good books are the best. Being premenstrual and not having chocolate to self medicate with sucks. Not talking sometimes is better than talking. My capacity for coffee seems quite high.

No comments: