Friday, January 9, 2015

Project 333: January 1 to March 31 edition

Once upon a time, Project 333 caused me a great deal of stress. Well, maybe "stress" is too harsh of a word. It just took me hours to go through my clothing and figure out what was going to make the cut. It's interesting how 33 items are so many, and yet, so few. Irony! Or maybe just coincidence.

Blouse, left, and tank top, right.
Both thrifted, now that I think about it.

Well, whatever. My Winter 333 capsule isn't that much different than my Fall 333 capsule. And it took me all of zero seconds to figure this out. That's called the Just Flip the Calendar Page and Get On With It approach. It totally works.

I have, as follows:

Grey: Pants, skirt, cardigan, turtleneck sweater, pullover sweater (5)
Black: Pants, long-sleeve T-shirt, (black and white) blouse, (black and white) tank, cardigan, scarf, boots, ankle boots, flats, coat (10)
Purple/Maroon: Zip-up sweater, pullover sweater (2)
Red: Scarf (1)
White/Beige: Blouse, skirt, pants (3)
Teal: Zip-up sweater, t-shirt skirt (2)
Navy/Blue/Light blue: Cardigan, (navy) long sleeve shirt, (light) long sleeve shirt, jeans, denim skirt, scarf (6)

Some quick math shows us that this equals 29 items. That's cool. Because disclaimer, we're going to be heading to Lincoln City later this month for the annual Walker Family Christmas House, and there's this outlet mall, and... well, let's just say that I lose my head when Eddie Bauer is nearby, even if I am mad at them for their shoddy workmanship as of late. We'll see how strong I manage to be is what I'm saying.

Hey, want to know what I learned about my wardrobe recently? (I mean, besides the fact that I have a sweater problem.) I look kind of terrible in gray. This is because my hair is getting grayer and grayer, and it makes me look washed out, I think. The tops, anyway. So it's kind of unfortunate.

Ah, well. New Year's Resolution: NO MORE GRAY.

My scarves. How did I live so long without a black one?

P.S. For those who worry about unforeseen circumstances, aka a wardrobe that is supposed to get you through the dead of winter to the very first whispers of spring, what I've learned is that as long as you have a couple of pieces that could theoretically work for warmer weather--in my case, three skirts and a tank top--it's going to be fine. Also: Worrying about the future never pans out, you guys. If you absolutely have to switch something out before the three months are over, do it. This isn't clothing jail! We're experimenting with living with less! And we're keeping our wits about us as we do. ;)

No comments: