Friday, October 2, 2015

Enough is enough

Another shooting.


This time, in Oregon -- in Roseburg, specifically. 

And you guys, I just can't even. I look at the names and the ages of the people shot, how young some of them were, and I just ...

I keep hearing that if we as a nation couldn't get outraged enough to start gun legislation after Newtown, then probably there's no hope for us. But maybe this is the straw that will break the camel's back. Maybe this is the time that will lead to real reform.

I really, really hope so.

Because the current system isn't working. The definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result.

It's time to do something different.

And to those who say guns don't kill people, people kill people: By that logic, forks don't feed people, clothes don't clothe people, shoes don't shod people, houses don't house people, and cars don't drive people. You need more examples? Because I can do this all damn day.

Guns DO kill people. 

It's time to let go of the rhetoric.

Please? Can't it just be time?

No comments: