Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April First! But this is no joke. Also, some updates

...Not a joke, but maybe a warning. :) This month my public (hi Mom!) has a birthday, and to celebrate--because for some reason she enjoys lots of ramble--I'm going to post every day for the entire month! Okay, that part was a joke. I don't know if I have 30 days of straight posts in me. But I think I can do 13 days, and as luck would have it, her birthday is April 13, so that's how I solved that math.

Whew. I'm exhausted. Math is hard.

Happy birthday, Mom! Thanks for not being born later in the month!

***

In my March Care Package post, I mentioned that my Grandpa wasn't doing so hot. I'm relieved to announce that things are looking up. I mean, yes, he has kidney failure, so that's not great. But he's been able to move from hospital to care center, and we're hoping he'll be released home very, very soon. It looked like we were going to lose him, people, so this seems like a miracle. He has to go to dialysis three times a week basically forever now, until he decides he doesn't want to mess with it anymore, I guess. But so far, so good. He's 91, and I know that eventually we are going to have to let him go, but I don't want to. I can't even imagine a world without Gramps. He's just a really lovely, friendly, open kind of person (his gardener even visited him in the hospital), and he's the center of the family.

Sorry, can't even go there. The end.

***

Hey, I got a call from Tim about said March Care Package Project, and he was all, That was the neatest package! And then told me all about how he actually needs a flashlight so he can find his car after he goes to concerts. He goes to a lot of concerts. We decided Johanna is an oracle since she's the one who insisted he needed that thing. I just included it as a joke. What do I know?

***

Chevelle has a new album out today! Yay! Hurry up and download, iTunes!

***

Softball has started. Johanna. Minor girls. Wish us all luck. Baseball is boring, and I can't imagine softball is too much different... P.S. Eric is coaching. Anybody got any good practice drills they want to tell us about? Um, seriously.

No comments: