Wednesday, April 30, 2014

And so ends April

Source
Thanks for the reminder, Ann.

This is just to say that we've had some particularly nice weather the last couple of days, and, being generally Vitamin D deprived, I've been trying to spend as much time as possible soaking up as much sun as I can. I mean, you gotta make hay while the sun shines, people. That's just Northwest Oregon 101.

Yesterday I somehow managed to get ready for work a little early so yay, I headed for the deck. All I did was sit in the lawn chair that isn't broken (an important distinction that makes this chair quite popular in our household) and just hang out awhile. It was warm and the sun was in my eyes and it was the best 10 minutes of my day.

And then I got shat upon by a bird.

I mean, it was probably a small bird, because it was a small, mustard yellow kind of blob, but still and all, not awesome. I tried to clean it up, but you could still see this bright yellow spot on my grey pants, and that's when I decided it was time to change course on the clothing front. But first I texted Abby.

Me: Outside enjoying the sun. Got shat upon by a bird. Gross.

Abby: Literally that's the best. Told my friend David and he laughed. Sorry grossie.

Me: Looked like mustard. Had to change outfits. Pissed at nature.

Abby: No need for description, thanks though.

So that was kind of exciting. The dumb thing is this is the SECOND TIME such a fate has befallen me (although that first time, it was bigger poop that landed on my foot). I really hate birds, now that I think about it.

Um, the end, I guess.

No comments: