Monday, October 27, 2014

Three things you need to know this Monday!

Just kidding. You don't need to know any of this stuff. I don't call the blog Pointless Ramble for nothing. And yet, here we all are. Awkward.

No. 1: 
The Walker Four traveled to Portland this weekend, which seemed like a great idea at the time. Eric had some big-city chores to complete, Abby was wanting some new clothing items, and Johanna and I thought we'd go along for the ride.

It started out just fine, but a couple of things became abundantly clear fairly quickly: It was crowded, it was noisy, it was hot, and it was stupid. I don't know if it's minimalism, or Project 333, or just my advanced age of 42 years, but wow, you guys, not awesome. And then this happened:

Abby loves American Eagle, and we had a coupon along the lines of "save $10 off $40." Guess how much the sweater she wanted cost? $39.95. I went to the register and was like, seriously, can I just give you a nickel?, but the girl wasn't having any of that and said we'd have to buy something else. Since there wasn't anything under $10, Abby and I decided spending an additional $10 to save $10 was idiotic. But you know what, American Eagle? I am not happy you and your scams.

Anyway, the moral of this story is that I don't think we need to go to the mall again for a while. Like, ever, if I can help it.

No. 2: 
This is the worst time of the year to be making bold declarations regarding diet (and, to be clear, I'm talking diet, not DIET), but this week I'm going back on the no-processed food train. My stomach has just not been doing all that great, and I know it's because I'm eating way too much processed food (and in effect, too much fat, too much sugar and too much salt, all of which mess with my jerky system). Since I suck at following through with anything unless I have to be accountable for my actions, I'm telling you, internet friends. Update soon.

No. 3: 
For Halloween last year, as you may or may not recall, Johanna went as the Lone Johanna for No Reason. This entailed an Iron Man mask, green cape, OSU Beavers jersey and pajama bottoms, like so:

Getting all the pieces together for this costume
was kind of nerve-wracking.

This year, Johanna has decided to go as a doughnut. All it required was me picking up a plain white t-shirt and some fabric markers. And some purple puff paint, I guess. (She already had pink from another project.) Then I set her loose and she came up with this:

"Everybody loves a good doughnut!"

Doughnut closeup. 

She says next year she might go as a lamp (gold shirt and pants, lampshade on her head), which I was all prepared to get going for this year, effort be damned, but no, the doughnut won out. Hey, whatever. I'm just thankful I didn't have to try to find a mask this year.

No comments: