Monday, February 2, 2015

Aisle talk

Source

I had a very eventful trip to the grocery store the other night. I don't normally hit the shops after work, because obviously, that's just crazy talk right there, but times were desperate because we were out of milk and you guys, my morning cup of coffee was in serious jeopardy. Oh, and the kids needed it for their cereal or whatever.

So there I am in the bakery section (um, samples, but I learned my lesson because the quarter of a cranberry white chocolate chip cookie I ate sent me into one of my beloved stomach upheavals, which was way fun to deal with at 10:30 p.m.) and here's this little boy, probably around three, looking up at me. Well, everyone looks up to me because I'm kind of a giant, but then he's all ROAR!, with his hands up like scary tiger claws or something. His father was horrified. I almost collapsed from laughing. That kid was awesome. You go, tiger boy.

Then I was in the beer section because Deschutes Brewery Inversion IPA was on sale and that's one of Eric's favorites, and as I'm loading two cases of this stuff in my very small cart (why did I pick the small cart again? The lower bar always hits me in the shins, which isn't as fun as you'd think it would be), this guy looks at me and is all, beer and bananas? because I had bananas, too, obviously, and I was all, um, the organic crackers are next, and he was like, hrumph.

Had I been thinking, I could have been all, Super Bowl rager. We party hard. But I didn't think of that until way later.

Ah, well.

The end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Make a smoothie with the beer, bananas and milk!

Trisha Walker said...

Kind of sounds like the beer float Steinbeck wrote about in "Cannery Row," except with bananas. Not sure where this leaves us. Maybe you try it and let me know...