Thursday, February 12, 2015

WHY the attitude, words?

QUIT BEING JERKS, words, jeez!

Now that I've defended the words, the words are being jerks.

You guys, writer's block is the worst. It's not that you can't write--it's that everything sucks. I worked on what should have been an easy feature for most of the day yesterday, and I felt like I was bashing my head against the wall the entire time. I have the thing written, but it's all wrong, it's too much, and it comes nowhere near the story I wanted to tell. I've restarted and deleted so many times at this point I've lost count. I'm afraid my deadline will come and go and I'm going to just have a blank spot on the page where the words should be.

I don't think that will go over very well.

What if there's a word cap? What if I've exceeded my limit and now I'm done? I mean, I tried everything yesterday to get the words to flow: Coffee, listening to music, taking a walk to clear my head, moving on to other stories in the hopes that something, anything, would bubble up to the surface and give me some relief.

Nope.

So I'm depressed and frustrated is what I'm saying. I thought that I could clear the dam by writing a post about Valentine's Days past, but those words won't come either, the bastards, so FINE. Who even needs you, words?

We'll hope it shifts back to normal by Monday. Otherwise, I'm screwed.

No comments: