Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I'm on the verge

Last day of thirty
Nine. It hasn't been so bad.
Day's not over, though.

That's a haiku right there.  Poetry seems sort of fitting for a day like this, although maybe that's just sheer vanity on my part.  Which is mostly why I started the blog, now that I think about it.  It's comforting to know that some things stay the same.

Vanity aside, I also started the blog to keep track of all the awesome that I was sure was going to go on all year long.  I'm always optimistic about all the wrong things.  But let's review anyway, shall we?

  1. I broke up with Safeway.
  2. I got glasses.
  3. I got my poser iPad.
  4. We had a lot of snow and ice.  Wait.  That wasn't awesome, but at least the pictures are pretty.
  5. I discovered The Hunger Games and Game of Thrones.
  6. I invented a drinking game.
  7. I learned to make my own cleaners.
  8. I was called a Magnificent Being.
  9. I got kicked out of a bar.
  10. Scored at a rummage sale.
  11. Got pulled over by Officer Princess.
  12. Was endlessly amused by my darling children.
  13. I already knew this, but Eric is the best.
  14. I already knew this too, but my job is the best.

Hey, incidentally, you know what my most read post is?  This one about my dishwasher frustrations.  I know, I'm shocked too.

P.S. Lucy's Daddy just picked her up.  She was SO EXCITED when she heard his voice.  That little tail of hers was wagging so hard, I was pretty sure she was going to lift off.  We're still firmly cat people (because we enjoy pets who ignore us--that is a relationship we can get behind), but it was fun to have a dog in the house.  It was different to come home and have someone actually care.  And we didn't kill her!  Thank God, because she is SUCH a sweetie.

Bye, Lucy.

Well, anyway.  It's been a year.  I was thinking originally that the blog would probably only last one year, but what about all the awesome stuff that's going to happen when I'm 40?  So there you go.  Plus vanity doesn't just go away, apparently.

Jack's Mannequin, I'm Ready.   I come undone, oh yes I do.  Plus, just FYI, I'm finding the words.

No comments: