Why I Hate Safeway, In No Particular Order:
- Safeway sucks.
- No local produce.
- Why is my card "invalid" all of a sudden?
- Why are only two lines ever open when there are clearly 10 stands that could be open?
- It's not fun standing in line for ten minutes.
- It's also not fun standing in the middle of an aisle while you wait in line, where ankles are vulnerable to smacking on passing carts.
- Self service check out? No thank you--you need to do something nice for me if I'm going to put up with this crappy store, so making me feel guilty about not checking myself out is stupid.
- Too crowded.
- And adding a Starbucks and a bank just make it more crowded, not more convenient.
- Where's that meat from again?
- Can't find what I'm looking for.
- No pickling salt. That is just wrong.
- Reusable bags are structurally deficient. (It's not reusable if it rips on the first go.)
- Dumb piped music.
- Seriously, turn on the lights.
- You're not fooling anyone with your "savings card" scheme. You're prices aren't that great.
- No Organic Valley Soy Milk.
- Weak on the organics.
- And no, I don't trust your Safeway organic brand.
- My favorite tote bag ripped on the exit door, which is clearly Safeway's fault.
- UPDATE:* You can never find a parking spot
- UPDATE: Limited selection of product on the shelves
- UPDATE: When was the last time you were in Safeway and someone offered to take your bags to the car for you? For us, roughly 1998.
- UPDATE: Safeway Select? That's called "irony."
That's not the end, but I'm getting tired of this. I rarely go into Safeway anyway, but since my last trip, I remember why that is. Safeway and I are breaking up for good.
Have I mentioned that I hate Safeway?
*New reasons to hate Safeway, given to me by sources who will remain anonymous to protect their awesomeness, because I am selfish that way. I will happily update as new reasons come in, should I hear any more, or am bored enough to come up with new ones myself.
Eric helped me pick out tonight's song: Three Days Grace, "I Hate Everything About You." Sometimes I miss the obvious, so it's good I have Eric around.