Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August pointless lists

You know, now that I think about it, August was pretty awesome.  For one thing, I wasn't cold all month.  For another, we have had some interesting adventures (a family reunion and school shopping come to mind).  And... um... Oh, right--the garden is insane and we're completely inundated with zucchini (not cool but fun to complain about) and tomatoes (totally awesome).

And now to recap, not that anyone cares aside from me and possibly Eric.

Movies watched:
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (hilarious and awesome)
500 Days of Summer (Summer sucks!)
Avalon High (why am I admitting to watching this?  I blame Abby)
Tangled (I have a crush on Zachary Levi)

Books read:
600 Hours of Edward by Craig Lancaster (I love it this much.)
Zarrella's Hierarchy of Contagiousness by Dan Zarrella (free on Kindle)
...And apparently it was a very slow bookish month.

Books I tried to read but failed:
Stress proof your life by Lisa T. Bergren (another Kindle freebie.  Read two tips and then gave it up.  Maybe I like being stressed, Lisa T. Bergren!  Ever think of that?)

Stuff I canned:
Pickles!
Peaches

Stuff I froze:
Peach pie filling (that will NOT be used for pies)
Blueberries
Blackberries
Raspberries
Corn
Green beans
Onions
Roasted tomatoes
Tomato sauce

Quote of the month: 
"Creep." --Abby

No comments: