Sunday, June 10, 2012

Nothing left to say to you

I've been staring at the computer screen for like ten minutes now, writing and erasing and writing some more.  You know what?  That is boring.  What I really want to do is read "Clash of Kings," but my public (hi, Mom!) has been very patient with my lack of posts* so I probably should at least try to pound something out.

It's been an interesting past few days.  On Thursday I had a new experience: I witnessed the death-bed signing of a will.  Of someone I don't even know.  Well, this is probably not as interesting a story as it sounds, and I'm not going to go into it because it's not even my story, but anyway, I had to confirm or whatevs that this guy was of sound mind and acting on his own accord and wasn't being coerced, so I was all like, should I start asking you questions? ha ha, I'm a riot, but because he couldn't really talk, what with the oxygen mask and everything, he put his thumb to his nose and wiggled his fingers at me like, take THAT, and I was all, yeah, you seem of sound mind to me.  

So that was different.

On Friday I measured the paper all by my damn self and I actually emerged victorious, which honestly I was not expecting.  Cranky Steve wasn't as cranky as usual and got me the various sections as soon as they were off the press.  That was quite helpful.  I was ever so proud of myself when I took the bookkeeper her paperwork, and Steve his paperwork, and I even had an hour to spare.  Especially considering I didn't really sleep the night before and was working on fumes.  I did math, people, and I did it correctly.  That's a miracle if ever there was one.

Also Friday: Our nephew Cody graduated from high school, and no we didn't go to the ceremony because it was outside and it was freezing we figured there were other people who needed the seats more than we did.  Hey, this is why God gave us Facebook.  We've seen the pictures, it's like we were there only warm.

And Eric and Abby finished reading the Bible.  Cover to cover, yo.  They started when she was seven and Eric thought it would be a good Lenten / First Communion exercise.  They just kept going.  Five years later, they're done.  Eric says he learned is that the New Testament is where it's at.  The Old is... well, I'm not sure how to put this without coming across as sacrilegious. But it's either history or stone cold crazy.  Often he had to censor what he was reading.  Weird.

So I have more to write--it was a busy weekend--but I'm tired and this teeny bit here just about did me in.  It's funny how sometimes the words just fight you the whole time.  You'd think Skilly laying on the keyboard would be a bigger help...

*The only reason my mother has been patient is because her floors have been ripped apart and put back together again and she hasn't had computer access all week.  Still and all, she deserves some props.

Track a Tiger, Heart.  Because Johanna picked it for me, that's why.  And it's a sweet little song.  Unfortunately I can't find the entire song for you on the internets, just this little sample.

No comments: