Friday, June 1, 2012

To all the dreams we've made

Johanna came into our bedroom last night around 3:30 a.m.  She never comes in unless she's had a bad dream, so it didn't take a genius to figure out what she wanted.  I crawled in to bed with her--well, I was tired--and she starts telling me about her nightmare:

A girl and a boy fell in love and kissed.  And then a cannon fired and killed them.  Because it was the Civil War and there were soldiers everywhere.

[Crickets chirping.]

Dude, you're SEVEN.  Shouldn't you be dreaming about ponies and butterflies and kittens?  She was like, I think I'm dreaming of soldiers because I don't want to die.  And I'm like, wow, that's a pretty coherent thought for 3:30 in the morning, never mind that you're in first grade.

Hey, side note, Johanna sleeps with a hat on so the zombies won't get her brain.  We don't really talk about zombies--or the Civil War--in our household, so I'm not quite sure where she's getting this stuff, but anyway:


OMD, Dreaming.  I totally remember this video playing on MTV in the '80s.  Once upon a time, children, there were actual channels devoted to music videos!  No one had heard of reality TV yet, so everyone had a lot of time on their hands.

No comments: