Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Pointless Lists


March. It was the coldest of times, it was the warmest of times. (Sorry, Charles.) I went from wearing three layers and wishing for a fourth to wearing a tank top and wishing for open toed shoes.

Spring is hilarious.

I'm not sure what else to say about March, except that it was long and busy and filled with Lent. I was tempted to mention this a time or two, but anyway, I gave up desserts and pop. I didn't think the pop would be that big of a deal because we never buy it and the only time I have it is at my parents' or if we go out to eat, which doesn't happen often. But those six weeks? I had like 50 opportunities to drink a soda, which is kind of amazing because there are only 40 days to Lent. Maybe 46 because I kept up the cause on Sundays too, even though those totally do not count.

Giving up desserts turned out not to be so bad, except for the no chocolate part. That sucked. But I thought, well, I'll just lose some weight, right, and that will make it all worth it. Except when I went to the doctor I learned I had not lost ONE OUNCE. This seems terribly unfair. Unless it means I can eat all the dessert I want and not gain weight. Unfortunately, I think it just means my sedentary lifestyle is pathetic. (What? I've had a viral infection, jeez.)

Um... I kind of forgot the point of all this, but anyway...

Pointless list time!

Movies watched:
No idea. Eric watched a few religious themed movies for mass consumption, I guess, but they were cheesy and poorly acted, and honestly, not really worth a mention. I'm not against Christian movies, but at least cast them properly, okay? That's all I'm saying.

Books read:
I'm still rereading the Outlander series because I can. I'm not ready to let Jamie and Claire go (that's been the theme of the last three months, whatever, it's my time, don't judge me). I'm thinking, though, that it might be time for a little Hunger Games reread. I miss Finnick.

(Where's Finnick? Odair he is!)

(That's a joke from Abby.)

Most read post:
Let's hear it for navy blue. Apparently people enjoy reading about other people's pain, or maybe there was just a lot searches for navy and that post came up.

Things I've learned:
Pink eye is disgusting, and also, there is NO WAY you can reasonably expect someone inflicted with that crap disease not to rub their eyeballs the hell out. Man, it's itchy.

P.S. Happy Easter!

No comments: